1. Inspired by this, researchers and scientists have been working on areas where making things small may mean big results.
2. Guangzhou and Shenzhen, benefiting from balanced development, took first and second place respectively in the rankings. Hangzhou ranked third, owing to its technological advantages. Wuhan, which had achieved a good balance between development and costs, was in fourth place, followed by Nanjing with its quality culture and lifestyle.
4. "We have called the police and collected evidence to protect the company's reputation. Those who leaked the nude pictures will be punished according to law," the announcement read.
5. It is not yet known who will look after Choupette after Lagerfeld's death.
6. But in year-on-year terms Xiamen prices grew at the second-fastest rate of 43.9 per cent, outdone only by Hefei, capital of Anhui province, which grew 47.6 per cent. Annualised prices once again rose in 65 cities and fell in five, suggesting that while the cost of housing may not be escalating as quickly as before, it remains widespread and relatively resilient.
Self-driving cars, selfie sticks, drones, touchscreen devices, e-cigarettes, jetpacks, and many other things seem like fairly modern inventions. Indeed, most of their "inventors" list them as newly invented and even go as far as seeking patents. But the fact is, many of these "inventions" have already been in existence for quite some time. They may have earlier lookalikes that ended up not going into production or that went into limited production due to one reason or another. Some also made it into full production but were recalled due to poor sales.